Michael Littleton, MD, FACS
2022 Brookwood Medical Center Drive
Building B, Suite 415
Homewood, AL 35209
Phone: (205) 877-2814
Fax: (205) 877-2848
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Dr. Michael Littleton attended medical school and completed his general surgery residency in Birmingham at the University of Alabama School of Medicine. He is board certified in General Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He has over fifteen years of experience practicing as a general surgeon at Brookwood Baptist Medical Center.
Dr. Littleton performs a wide range of procedures to treat a variety of surgical conditions, including a large number of patients with breast abnormalities. He coordinates with radiology, oncology, plastic surgery, and genetic counseling specialists for a comprehensive patient experience.
Dr. Littleton preforms over 500 breast procedures per year including:
- Over 300 stereotactic and ultrasound guided breast biopsies
- Over 150 breast surgeries including lumpectomies, mastectomies, and prophylactic mastectomies for women with a high genetic risk of developing breast cancer
- Sentinel lymph node biopsies and axillary lymph node dissections
And over 500 other procedures and surgeries per year including, but not limited to:
- Laparoscopic and open hernia repairs including umbilical, inguinal, and ventral hernias
- Port-a-catheter placement/removal
- Excision of soft tissue masses including lipomas and sebaceous cysts
- Incision and drainage of infections
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
We offer same day appointments for urgent concerns.